Fill form to unlock content
Error - something went wrong!
Download your copy to get data-backed insights on the driver shortage.
Research Study Overview
Is the US logistics industry facing a dire shortage of commercial truck drivers?
Truckload brokerage experts and logistics journalists have been going back and forth on the question for years.
One thing everyone agrees on: drivers are indispensable to our lifestyle. They keep food, clothes, medicine, books, gadgets, and almost anything else you can name, on our shelves.
To bring research-backed insights into this important conversation, Coyote Logistics teamed up with Emsi, a leading labor market research firm, combining labor market data with on-the-ground expertise from logistics leaders.
This original research study — cited in CSCMP's State of Logistics Report, Journal of Commerce, Logistics Management, Transport Topics, and more — examines the extent and shape of the commercial trucking shortage, the complications from the pandemic, and the possible steps toward solutions that benefit truckers and businesses alike.
Here's a preview of the insights — download the study for full access.
Get Data-Backed Insights on the Truck Driver Shortage
- Size of the labor market for CDL drivers, including light-duty and heavy-duty
- Analysis of competing labor markets, including warehousing
- Number of job postings required to hire a driver
- How COVID-19 has impacted the driver shortage
- Key challenges to hiring and retaining drivers
- 5 potential solutions to overcome these challenges