How to Ship LTL: Download the Comprehensive Guidebook
Download the complete shipper's guidebook to LTL. Check out additional resources to help you master less-than-truckload shipping.
Fill form to unlock content
Error - something went wrong!
It’s surprising, but it’s true: when you ship less than truckload, you actually have more to think about.
LTL shipping is complex, and if you’re new to it, chances are you could use some help mastering all the moving parts.
And even if you’ve been shipping in this mode for some time, it’s never too late to review the basics and start thinking about ways to increase your efficiency and strengthen your LTL supply chain.
We’re here to help. We’ve assembled a comprehensive guide to LTL shipping that takes you from your initial consideration of the LTL freight market through the quoting, booking and shipping process all the way to some long-term strategies for sustained success.
Take a Closer Look at All Things LTL
This guide is a handy takeaway, but we know you might have more questions about some of the specific topics it covers.
For deeper dives into every facet of LTL shipping, check out the following posts:
- Differences between LTL and full truckload
- The 7 types of LTL carriers
- Converting Freight to Volume LTL
- Getting a great LTL freight quote
- Freight class and NMFC code
- LTL accessorial glossary
- What shippers hate most about LTL
- Advantages of shipping LTL with a 3PL
- Freight claims and damages
- Carrier procurement strategy
- Blanket rates vs. customer-specific pricing
- Tech integrations with LTL providers