We know summer freight heats up the most for shippers who help consumers cool down.
Coca-Cola is an industry-leading shipper who needs to know they’re working with freight providers they can trust when volume is at its peak in the hottest months. They run their Sizzling Summer Showdown contest to raise service across the board and help identify the best of the best.
This year, our hard-working team of operations specialists stepped up to the head of the pack and stood out in support of Coca-Cola freight between May 2 and September 5, 2022.
We received the highest total score to win the showdown among Coca-Cola’s Core Carrier group.
How We Kept Coca-Cola Freight Moving
Coca-Cola’s North American operations team created a scoring system for this competition that weighs three service-related metrics to produce a holistic score:
- Overall value-added score, based on performance KPIs (60% of total)
- Peak season volume support (20% of total)
- Votes from Coca-Cola Transportation Ops, Logistics Procurement and White Glove teams (20% of total)
Based on our performance, we won an impressive eight individual weeks of the 17-week competition. This added up to a comfortable overall victory in the Core Carriers group, the set of providers with the largest footprint in the Coca-Cola network.
How did we do it? By following this recipe for success:
- We focused on delivering standout service in our primary lanes with reliable carriers.
- We backed up the capacity we regularly source for Coca-Cola with abundant surge support.
- We tapped into our carrier network to find capacity for secondary loads and spot loads.
- We worked with the carriers in our network to consistently hit performance KPIs (on-time pick-up and delivery).
We’re extremely proud to excel as the very best among Coca-Cola’s most important providers, a who’s who of 3PLs and large asset carriers with major name recognition in the field.
We’re honored to see the efforts of our operations team acknowledged by an industry leader and a long-time customer, strengthening this already rewarding relationship. It makes all the hard work, dedication and creative problem-solving worth it.
And of course we couldn’t have done it without the long hours on the road and flexibility of the committed freight carriers in our network. They’re the ones who kept all those bottles, cans and potable product moving.
See How We Support Food & Beverage Shippers Every Day
Peak freight surge support is just one of ways we step up for food and beverage shippers.
Find out how we connect nearly 4,000 shippers in this crucial industry to refrigerated capacity, power-only support, supply chain optimization consulting and more.
Check Out Other Recent Coyote Wins
When we step up to keep vital supply chains moving, the industry takes notice. Read more coverage of our latest awards.
- Anheuser-Busch Names Coyote “King of Beers” for Summer 2022
- Coyote Wins 2022 Leading 3PL for Technology From Global Trade
- FSA Name Coyote a Top Food Chain Provider for 2022