Coyote Logistics Peak Team Contest Rules and Regulations
Below are the official Coyote Logistics Peak Team Contest Rules and Regulations.
We also included a helpful FAQ after the official rules.
Contest Rules and Regulations
1. SPONSOR: The Coyote Logistics 2022 Peak Team Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Coyote Logistics, LLC, 2545 W. Diversey Ave., 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL 60647 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Contest is open only to motor carriers which are registered transportation providers for Sponsor and which are registered to do business in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and which successfully transport at least one expedited team shipment during the Contest Period defined below. Contest is not open to employees of Sponsor, or any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on November 20, 2022 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (CST) on December 24, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). Participant may enter online at https://coyote.com/peak-team-contest/ (“Website”) or by email by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (“Entry Email”). To enter, each participating motor carrier (“Participant”) must complete the Contest entry form certifying that the truck is being operated by a driver team and listing the motor carrier name, Department of Transportation number (USDOT#), truck number, and the name, phone number and email address of the person completing the form for each of Participant’s entries. Participants which enter via email may download a copy of the entry form from the Website or may request a copy of the entry form by emailing the Entry Email. A Participant may enter an unlimited number of trucks, provided that each truck is only entered into the Contest once. Participant must also confirm that Participant meets the eligibility requirements and has read and agrees to these Contest rules. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. PRIZES & ODDS: The award of the prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize winner will receive a cash payment of $80,000
ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: First Prize winner will receive a cash payment of $50,000
ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE: Second Prize winner will receive a cash payment of $30,000
FIVE (5) WEEKLY FIRST PRIZES: Each Weekly First Prize winner will receive a cash payment of $10,000
FIVE (5) WEEKLY SECOND PRIZES: Each Weekly Second Prize winner will receive a cash payment of $5,000
FIVE (5) WEEKLY THIRD PRIZES: Each Weekly Third Prize winner will receive a cash payment of $3,000
Total value of all prizes is $250,000. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be assigned or substituted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize is no longer available/cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the skill and performance of the respective Participant’s driver team(s).
6. SELECTION OF WEEKLY PRIZE WINNERS: After the close of each Weekly Round (defined below), the Sponsor will compile the scores for each truck which was used in providing services for Sponsor during that Weekly Round. The Participant whose truck has the overall highest combined score during the respective Weekly Round will be the Potential Weekly First Prize Winner. The Participant whose truck has the second highest combined score during the respective Weekly Round will be the Potential Weekly Second Prize Winner. The Participant whose truck has the third highest combined score during the respective Weekly Round will be the Potential Weekly Third Prize Winner.
A Participant may receive more than one Weekly Prize during the Weekly Round and during the Contest Period.
The Weekly Rounds are as follows:
November 20, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CST
November 26, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST
November 27, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CST
December 3, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST
December 4, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CST
December 10, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST
December 11, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CST
December 17, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST
December 18, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CST
December 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST
Weekly Round Scores will be determined using the following criteria:
- Miles Driven
- Maximum of thirty (30) points
- The Participants’ trucks will be ranked and the truck with the greatest number of miles driven during the Weekly Round will receive the full thirty (30) points.
- Points will be reduced proportionately based on the truck’s weekly ranking.
- Maximum of sixty (60) points
- The Participants’ trucks will be ranked and the truck with highest combined on-time pick-up percentage and transit time metric during the Weekly Round will receive the full sixty (60) points.
- Points will be reduced proportionately based on the truck’s weekly ranking.
- Sponsor reserves the right to adjust a Participant’s truck’s Service rating due to an “Act of God Event” such as a snowstorm, flood, or similar. In the event a Participant’s truck experiences an Act of God Event, the Participant must contact the Sponsor at email@example.com and request an adjustment to the Service score. All requests must be received prior to the close of the respective Weekly Round.
- Sponsor is not responsible for errors resulting from the manual entry of pick-up or transit time data in connection with non-Tech Tracking shipments. In the event a Participant learns of a manual entry error, the Participant must contact the Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org and request an adjustment to the Service score. All requests must be received prior to the close of the respective Weekly Round.
- Participation in Tech Tracking
- Maximum of ten (10) points
- Participants whose trucks provide at least one location per shipment to Sponsor’s Tech Tracking system will receive ten (10) points.
- Participants whose trucks do not provide at least one location per shipment to Sponsor’s Tech Tracking system will receive zero (0) points.
After the close of the Contest Period, Weekly Round scores for each truck will be combined (“Grand Prize Round”). The Participant whose truck has the overall highest combined score during the Contest Period will be the Potential Grand Prize Winner. The Participant whose truck has the second highest combined score during the Contest Period will be the Potential First Prize Winner. The Participant whose truck has the third highest combined score during the Contest Period will be the Potential Second Prize Winner.
In the event of a tie in the Weekly Round, the Participant whose truck has the highest score among the tied trucks in the Service Category will be the Potential Weekly Prize Winner. If a tie still remains, the Participant whose truck has the highest score among the remaining tied trucks in the Miles Category will be the Potential Weekly Prize Winner. In the event the tie cannot be broken using the process set forth above, the tied Participants will share the respective prize evenly.
In the event of a tie in the Grand Prize Round, the Participant whose truck has the highest score among the tied trucks in the Service Category will be the Potential Winner. If a tie still remains, the Participant whose truck has the highest score among the remaining tied trucks in the Miles Category will be the Potential Winner. In the event of a further tie during the Grand Prize Round, the Participant whose truck has the highest score among the tied trucks during Weekly Round 1 will be the Potential Winner, continuing through Weekly Rounds 2 - 5 until the tie is broken. In the event the tie cannot be broken using the process set forth above, the tied Participants will share the respective prize evenly.
Decisions of judges are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to select no winner if the quality or quantity of eligible entries is insufficient.
7. PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Winner will be notified using the contact information in the registration materials and may be asked to complete the prize notification packet. Potential Winner may be required to complete an IRS W-9 or W-8 form in order to claim the prize. If Potential Winner does not provide requested information within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact the Potential Winner, or the Potential Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and that Potential Winner will be disqualified and the Participant whose truck has the next highest score will be the new Potential Winner. The first eligible Potential Winner that the Sponsor successfully contacts and which claims the Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Prize Winner.
A PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING A POTENTIAL WINNER, IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
8. PARTICIPATION: By participating, Participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
9. RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, PRIZING PARTNER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS OF ALL OF THE FOREGOING COMPANIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
10. DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY RELATING TO THE CONTEST: By entering, Participants acknowledge and agree that the Contest Entities will not be liable for losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use/misuse of and/or inability to use a prize(s), the theft of prizes or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Contest, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Contest Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any Participant’s or third person’s computer or mobile device and/or their contents, related to or resulting from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Contest. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEBSITES, APPS, ENTRY PAGES AND THE PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE CONTEST ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest.
11. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO OPERATION OF PARTICIPANT'S TRUCKS: ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE ENTERED INTO A BROKER-CARRIER AGREEMENT WITH SPONSOR. THE TERMS OF THE BROKER-CARRIER AGREEMENT WILL GOVERN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SPONSOR AND PARTICIPANT. IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE BROKER-CARRIER AGREEMENT, THE BROKER-CARRIER AGREEMENT TERMS WILL GOVERN.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Sponsor will NEVER encourage or condone an Hours of Service violation, even if it would cause a missed pick-up or delivery. If a driver or dispatcher does not reasonably believe the shipment can be delivered or picked up within the driver’s on-duty time and/or the Hours of Service rules, the driver should not transport the shipment. It is the Participant’s responsibility to make sure that it complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, hours of service laws and regulations. The Participant is not required to accept all or any shipments from Sponsor and may decline any shipment tendered by Sponsor.
12. WINNERS LIST: Sponsor may choose to disclose the Weekly and Grand Prize Winners via electronic means to the Participants. Regardless of whether the names of the Winners are disclosed in this manner, to request the names of the Winners (available after January 14, 2023) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to Coyote Logistics 2022 Peak Team Contest, Coyote Logistics, LLC, 2545 W. Diversey Ave., 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL 60647, Attention: Jake Mohundro.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for the contest?
Carriers can register for the contest on this page.
What is the deadline for registration for the contest?
Carriers can register through December 24, 2022 (the final week of the contest).
Do I have to participate in the Peak Bid to enter the contest?
No, Carriers do not have to register for the Peak Bid in order to enter the contest. However, the easiest way to get Expedited freight is to participate in the bid.
Who do I contact with questions about the contest?
Please contact your Coyote Account Manager.
How are points broken down?
- Miles (30 points)
- Service (60 points)
- Tech Tracking (10 points)
Please reference the Rules and Regulations above for a more thorough breakdown.
What happens if my load gets cancelled or I have equipment issues?
Teams will only receive points for the miles and service of legs run with Coyote. Participants will not receive additional points due to unpredictable delays (delay in loading, equipment breakdowns, leg cancellations, etc.). However, Coyote may adjust a score for an Act of God event. Please contact email@example.com to request an adjustment. Please review the Rules and Regulations for additional information.
Do deadhead miles count toward overall contest miles?
No. Carriers only receive points on Coyote paid miles.
Do I lose service points if I am dispatched late from a facility after my scheduled departure time?
No. Service scores are based off a Carrier’s ability to make transit time for the miles between legs.
How do I check how many points I have?
Carriers will not be able to see points in real time. Carriers will receive score updates via email the week following the closing of the contest.
Example: For the Weekly Contest from November 27 to December 3, ranking and scores will be sent out by 12/10.
What is considered Tech Tracking?
Carriers must have one location update per shipment via CoyoteGO, GPS pings, MacroPoint, or P44.
Can I be disqualified from the contest?
If there is any suspected foul play or performance issues, Coyote has the right to disqualify a Carrier from the contest. Carriers will be notified of disqualifications via email. Please review the Rules and Regulations for additional information.
What happens if there is a tie?
Ties will be broken by the Carrier with the highest score in the Service category. If a tie remains, the Carrier with the highest score in the Miles category will win. Please refer to the Rules and Regulations for further details.
What do I do if incorrect truck information was put in load?
Manual entry error must be corrected before the end of the week’s contest. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a correction. Incorrect information could result in a loss of points.
How will I receive information about the contest?
The Point of Contact information that was entered upon entry for the contest will be used for all communication. Failure to respond by the specified time can result in a forfeit of entry and/or prizes.
All this information can be found in the Rules and Regulations that each participant has agreed to. Please review the Rules and Regulations for further details.